Saturday, May 23, 2015

Blitzkrieg.

When we were born we all were handed over buckets, buckets of joy, buckets of tears and an empty bucket too where you can fill in all that you want to, the happiest of you, the brilliance and the beauty, the chuckle and the memory, the deepest and the scariest of who you could be. While the other buckets are necessities, this special one is an elixir. Just remember that. Now half way through your journey, what do you do when you realize that the Joy bucket, the bucket which kept you going has gone dry?

I have had sleepless nights, nights when I have stared through the ceiling fan not knowing which direction to go when its morning. I have had moments when all I could believe that there’s no sun. I have started loving stars precisely because the darkness never left. It had happened few years back and it has happened again and I know it will happen again.

That night too, I stared through the ceiling fan trying to understand which way to run. I had seen through a future which was not mine, and the crashing of it hurt me. Hurt the hell out of me. Not because something did not work, no. The future I was rooting for had holes through which rain poured and I knew it. From the beginning of time, I did not like the mindless pouring of rain, but I tried, I pushed through, I rummaged through the smoked glass and I started reveling in it. I enjoyed feeling the cold drops washing my identity. I started rooting harder while the tiny little drops slowly morphed into thunder and a storm built around me. A bottomless emotion, the one you feel when the whole world is dancing in madness and you experience a sudden peace. The irony of it is you don’t realize that you are not looking at the storm. You are the storm; you are the eye of the storm. I danced through the madness in silent reverie while the wind blew past me. I wasn't hurt because I did not realize being the eye of the storm; I was hurt because the rain stopped pouring.

"It won’t work". It was as simple as this that someone could tell me and there came crashing my rhythm. I shifted my center and hit the walls of my tempest. I fell over and turned into a violent whirlpool. I started going higher, higher and higher as the wind tossed and turned me. It was time my madness consumed me, time to tear apart the eye of the storm into a million pieces.

Next morning I see two people standing in front of my door, tears welled up in their eyes as soon as they saw me. Were they crying over my broken relationship? I don’t think so, they were looking at midnight’s destruction and they could not fathom the fury of this devastation. All that had happened till now, the scattered pieces of my bad memories started to feel as a breeze in wake of the present. This was different; this was supposed to be light at the end of tunnel. But the light never reached me.

My mother of 55 told me to gather myself and ask one last time to the man in concern if he would want to try a little harder, hoping that he would not want to let someone go so easily, that he might not want me to fade in oblivion. But the answer remained a no. A million shreds of me splattered across my wish wall, showing me what my eyes did not want to. Moments I have shared feelings, emotions, smiles, tears, and the entire clock of 120 days flash by flash as if I am on a carousel which won’t ever stop. A carousel of happy memories in negatives.

So how do you feel when you are trapped in your own wonderland? Does it still remain your wonderland? Let me tell you how it goes once you are in it. You run, you run directionless trying to figure a way out. You check every single pathway, you knock on every door, and you thump the earth you are standing at, you also scream to the sky staring at you. And then, when you realize there's nowhere to go. You stop and let madness consume the whole of you one last time. It’s like the pagan bird diving into the holy fire of death to attain redemption.

That storm had died. My silent reverie had collapsed. That bottomless emotion of falling into an abyss could successfully drown me. Do you still feel the rain pouring through? Yes, you do. Do you still enjoy the cold drops of water washing your identity? No, you don’t. It’s just you and your wonderland with the bucket of Joy gone dry.

I know they say, but believe me when I do, closed doors don’t lead to open doors. It’s a lie. So all you do is stop running and stand for a while, breathe, catch your pulse, throw away that illusion known as the bucket of joy, take the empty one and search for a hammer. Start breaking your walls around. Start breaking your wonderland with a hope that the world outside is still rooting for another utopia, where it doesn't rain, where there’s sunshine, where there’s hope and where there’s a park bench.

Where you can sit and gaze at your empty bucket, flick through what is in there, one by one, peacefully, the happiest of you, the brilliance and the beauty, the chuckle and the memory, the deepest and the scariest of who you could be. Lay down each one of them around you, carefully, piece by piece, like shields and swords, engulfing you in a glass house of life’s best and worst memories...


Till you wait for the rain to begin. Till you wait for another storm. The Blitzkrieg. 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant. Not because I know what happened, but because you could write it so beautifully. Keep writing.

M

Anonymous said...

That post just expressed so many indescribable emotions and desperation ... I know coz I have been there... Sometimes I feel am still there. Not a day goes by when it does not rain...... That is the way of this world, dear. That is the way it is....

Anonymous said...

The best part, you started writing. The worst part, I believe the person who should read this won't even know it exists. But that's life. If you would have agreed with me, I would have put it on a bulletin where it won't go blind. Send me his ID and I would personally mail it :)
Sorry I don't have a blogger ID hence posting as an anon.

You know who it is :)

PM said...

Wow. I would say, keep breathing. A good one DC. A very good one.

Ginni said...

The carousel never stops. You already know it baby, so why brood for something that does not deserve you. Don't fuss over the could haves, if it should have, it would have. Now for the write up, it's good but could have been better. I have seen you better. Your emotions have overtaken this time, result being the honesty and that is what pulls people. Good one!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. Can I RSS it to LiveJournal? lemme knw. Mail me a copy on my earlier journal ID. Also Yammy is out of RD, freelancing. Guess you already know.
Tc
Danny

Oracle said...

Danny, I lost your journal ID. Its been so long. Not sure if you'll read this, but if you do, post me your ID once as a comment and I will reach out to you.
And yes I know about Yamini. Thnks!

samaranand's take said...

Is it based on something happened? Great flow of words and well constructed.

Oracle said...

@esener partly yes. Thanks for the read!

Sandeep said...

Its been a long time, since I read something from you. Nicely written. Keep writing.

-Sandeep