Thursday, June 5, 2008

The good, The better and The best


Note: Some of it fiction, Most of it real.with love and affection for one of my best friend.



"I had just learnt cycling, wheels used to facinate me, she was holding my seat and I was shouting almost screaming...


"chodna mat...chodna mat I'l fall, I'l fall"


she was equally excited, screaming louder "tu dar mat, im not leaving it, you wont fall"


I tried balancing, and she was running behind me holding my cycle... i cycled more and more, and slowly i could hear her no more. I kept cycling harder and harder, so far so good. and then when I was done with my excitement of cycling for the first time, I realised iv comedown to some different lane, I suddenly stopped, hanking and sweltering knowing that I'm lost. I looked back...to see if she is still coming, I left her behind...somwhere in my own happiness I forgot that she was running all behind me....I kept looking at the empty road .barren. lonely for a long time and there I see... with long hairs almost toggling her waist, there she was running at full blast... waving her hand shouting "wait..Im coming, Im coming" ...... ""




Well that was monai. yes indeed the name is enough for all those who knw her, but all those who dont letme introduce...



It is said, there are three parts to every soul. one that lives within you, one which is owned by your life partner and one which is with that unknown person, whom you may or may not meet in your lifetime. but whose every prayer, every luck, every success has your share. I'm not sure how many of you have had the luck to meet ur third share, but letme tel you how it is when you actually do.


our school busses used to gather around a big mahogany tree, since we both were frm different schools our timings never clashed, while she was somehow making it to the bus stop, i used to enjoy the freedom to sleep till ten for being in the aftrenoon shift. our interests, choice of food, choice of dresses, almost choice of everything on this planet earth somehow differed or rather more decently were diametrically opposite :) so one fineday I was supposed to go for my school picninc and thats why had to slogup at 7 in the morning. as i somehow reached the busstop i saw monai with her morning slumber waving me a sweet simple hi, and then with a sudden strange reaction turned exactly opposite took up a stone(as if she will throw at me), started carving something at the mahogany bark. everytime i went close to see what the hell she intended to do, with a disgusting look she pushed me back and poor me already half asleep used to fly so back from her push that hardly could maki it the second time to see what she was doing, im sure i would have said


"poor mahogany, had to deal with this mad girl that too 7 in the morning"


her bus arrived she threw the stone and without looking once at me boarded the bus.


"whatta snob(certainly sure was my reaction)"


since she was no where in sight, i went close to see what she did and i read


"jui's first moarning bus... goodmoarning goodmoarning.....7 septembur"


well that was her when she was 4, weird and unpredictable!


I laughed and laughed, and i even saw that while i was returning from my picninc that day. something made me happy, may be just the feeling that you were important to someone. may be just to know that someone bothered to know ur firsts and lasts. time rolled on... we grew up, as like the mahagony tree, our dosti went stronger and stronger. even when we were not sure that we are something called "friends" we knew, that we had to be together when we are scared, why was not our problem neither we thought of it. we simply knew it!



this was 2nd december 1992 during the babri masjid riots, since we used to live at the corner most bhel quarter, we were suggested to stay with some other family those who are more inside the colony, our first choice was with monai's family....We both sat still not knowing what is happening, why people are being killed...as we were dressing up our barbies she being her looked strange at me and asked


"jui muslims are killing kisko?"


I being the better nerd answered


"i think muslims are killing muslims only (i dint knw the word hindu existed then :))"


she looked at me for a long time, then took up her barbie and started weeping. I kept on asking "what happend? telme telme"


and there she was


"if my barbie would have been a muslim they would kill her also?"


and i sighed feeling sorry for the great theory of "muslims killing muslims" which i deviced...


but that was monai when she was 6, sensitive and caring"



life moved on, with innumerable memories of us being together. we had fights, sometimes such that really worried me whether we will talk again or not, but with all the faith in my heart i somehow realised that even if i get lowest in my math class, even if say a million "katti's", even if i break her kitchen set...she will always remain my friend.....these very questions changed with time and today with all the faith in my heart i knw that even if i fail to achieve what i want, even if i do things that are unforgivable, even when il sound the most unrealistic person on the earth...she will always be with me...she will always believe in my dreams...she being her will always say "im there"



In no time she would be moving to a differnt city, to make her dream a reality and as the time falls short we decided that today we will sit and just talk. our time passed like anything...with evry single word i wanted to tell her that she was my second sister or rather god friend...just like people have god mothers and fathers...guess I was blessed with one extra god friend who being the most practical person still understands how it feels when heart breaks...who just calls to ask


"tu theek to hai aaj"


who out of nowhere will bang into your house with a big Hiiiiiiii..... and will gift you with little little gifts just to see your expression to surpises :)


who will at 3 in the night with droopy eyes, will cook awesome food just to see if you aint hungry


who at every step, whether you are wrong or right...whether you are good or bad...whether you are sad or happy will stand by you and say


"im there, im always there"


well that was monai at 20, charming and emotional, practical and strong. daring and happy. yes that was her a bundle of extreme opposites, just like how u bunch a million multicoloured flowers together with one big red ribbon.


as we met somewhere out for our so called last treat together, time swooshed away like anything...i could see the glitter in her eyes for she is moving out.....to a brand new city, a brand new college....for she was finally going to achieve her dream...i wanted to talk and talk and talk...but it came to an end.....just like everything our "fun" had to end...and today was its begining...as she drove off...i felt like running behind her ...just like she did behind my cycle......keeping the hope that she might go into unknown places...bigger cities...empty roads and find no one....if she turns back .... she would see me..,,,guess i just wanted to tell her that if someday she is lost her best friend is there.


as she went today I questioned probably for the first time to God...why did you send her that day running after my bycycle....for i knw.....evrytime il be lost.....il turn back just to see if she is there.....and il find no one.


well thats how you feel when u meet your third part .....way before you actually knw... you misplace it into the lost crowds.



"kahe senti, chal yaar this time had to come, and more so just think it will be so fun when we will tapofy guys those who are not bhopalis....soch to zara kitna fun hoga and baaki sabka load mat le...im there na"


will this is monai at 21.... the good,the better ...the best dosti one can ever share :)



P.s. Cheers to the night out at ur roof top, our aish at my sisters wedding...our tapofy frustations after all those "ahem ahem" objectionable disasters..and finally to that citycenter potato whatever that was :P ...cheers to everything.....cheers to our life budy :)


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

bhery bhery touching hai ji!!!bhain bhain to nahi kiya naa :),,,nahi to monai ko bulaana padega to pull ur leg :D.....

indeed u gt a frnd of a lifetime and tht ways u r one of the luckiest in the whole world....and never say goodbye coz that ends the wish to meet again....jus say ' phir milenge'.......( NOTE- Milne ke baad treat leke lutenge :P)

Anonymous said...

hehe indrajoy..now ur nt supposed to leak all my "good good" traits this way :P

thanx for the comment buddy :)
keep blogging!!

Anonymous said...

A nice sweet story, written with great affection.

Anonymous said...

o my god! pajji kothakar u made me cry............tu kitna sochti hain yaar i never thot that someone can make me feel so special....i dont have a good language yaar...i cant comment!!!i ll just se i 'll be always wid u!i mean it!!! aur mammi kassam koi tere ko ab pareshan kare toh batana even if i am 1500 miles away!!

Anonymous said...

heheheh....tu sudhregi nai... :D
thanx yaar
take care :)

priya said...

der arent many whu hv sm1 2 turn bck 2
u hv been lucky darling!!
tc
a nice read :)

shashank kunwar 'madhu' said...

nice punches..rather emotions that come in between..saying something more than what the article itself is saying

shows u have a good memory..imagination..thoughts...and views...nd u know hw to mix them up...the propertion being important.

keep thinking...keep writing..thats all i will say
grt job

Anonymous said...

feelings,emotions and care cannot be weighed by few moments.your friend has been there and will be there....and that is she dosnt know, we know :D

hihihi

Anonymous said...

senti :)
Good that you have a "friend" like that and as you said
yes for her
the name is enough :)

ganesh said...

:) u r righting quiet serious things in a interesting way . Goodo that u have friends like this ... I remember those i have lost for some objectionable reasons hoping that i will meet 'em again ... ur cherished memories are good better n best :)